Saturday, June 23, 2012

A treasure chest FULL of MEMORIES!!!!!!

At my Grandmothers house, in the attic, lived a Weebles Haunted House. I played with it like mad as a child and then one day, when I was older,  I saw the treasure chest and thought.......

That would be great for my Action figures!!!

Weebles haunted house treasure chest warduke

I mean ... look at it!!!! To cool for Weebles!!!

Weebles haunted house treasure chest warduke

Its a pile of treasure inside and a couple of bats to boot !!!

Weebles haunted house treasure chest warduke

Crap!! Warduke!!! I was just LOOKING at it!!! He has some anger issues.......

ANYWAY............. this piece lends itself to some great play. It was made for the D&D figures. I had alot of the AD&D pvc figures but not the ones with treasure so this chest was a main theme for quests. Alot of blood was shed over that plastic chest!!

.....and it is really cool to think, as a kid, their are toys that can be transferred to other adventures. That Haunted House is long gone to a landfill somewhere but this little piece became a treasure chest of memories!!!

4 comments:

  1. This is almost exactly like the treasure chest that came with an Adventure People set I had back in the day. http://tinyurl.com/78r44wc (auction is not mine -- just linking for the purpose of the picture)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats pretty close! They probably used the same mold and modified it a bit.

      Delete
  2. Oh the memories this little item brings back too me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its nice when on toy bleeds over to another and connects the memories together!!

      Delete