Monday, July 9, 2012

Cylon: Battlestar Galactica Figure: Star Wars Play!!

This is the Cylon action figure from the Battlestar Galactica line of figures, released in 1978 or 1979 by Mattel.

Battlestar Galactica Cylon Figure

That information is more than I knew about this figure when I got one as a kid....

Battlestar Galactica Cylon Figure

Robot looking figure with a rifle that had a bayonet on the end of it....
Some Bad guy from a show that starred Lorne Green......

Battlestar Galactica Cylon Figure

NAAAA.....

This had to be the leader of the Stormtroopers! The only other figure that had Vader's respect and would carry out the orders given to him. This was the second in command of the Empire! The Glorious ULTIMATE STORMTROOPER!!!!

Yep. To this day I have never seen Battlestar Galactica and have no idea what a Cylon really is. I even typed Cyclon a bunch of times and took em out in edit. This was a cool looking, bad guy that could be used in Star Wars play and that's where he got his fame. I even had Starbuck and Lorne Green's figure and they became Rebel extras. This guy became more. He became part of Star Wars. He went further.......

I know I'm not the only one. YOU did it too. Admit it. They should just package this figure in a Star Wars card and put it out cause every would go.......yeah, that's what I did with mine.

and you did too.

13 comments:

  1. i forgot about his gun! Love that! My pal Billy has one of these still..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a bunch of these listed on ebay but HAD to get one with the gun....its awesome!! I was the sick little kid that used it as a bayonet!!

      Delete
  2. I really like the classic Cylons ,I wish they had gone with this look in the new BSG series's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently they made a gold version too! I never knew that til now...I could have used him in my battle to quell that rebellion!!!

      Delete
    2. Yep the gold one was the Cylon leader so he must have been even bad-ass-er than the standard silver one!

      Delete
  3. Classic Cylons like this is awesome and i used to watch the original tv show only here and there as a kid surprisingly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sat in front of a TV and it was on but I cant say I watched it....I don think it was enough to hold my 4 or 5 year old mind.....

      Delete
  4. Cylons. Bloody awesome. I use to just use them as canon fodder. They sure were cool though.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved my Cylon figure as a kid! I made up this whole story about how he was Darth Vader's lost son (this was after Star Wars but before Empire) he learned the dark side of the Force and all that.

    The one you have is in beautiful condition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! Thats awesome! I love hearing the side stories we had as kids! They are so imaginative :) I got lucky with this one, I wanted one with the rifle and got him cheap but I wasnt expecting good condition, but it came in great condition!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Its getting tougher and tougher to find them, snatch em up when you can !

      Delete