Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Micronauts !!! A toy that I had very few of...

Yes, that's right. For some strange reason I never got into the Micronauts. I had a Time Traveler and an Acroyear. I believe I wanted more but my parents probably passed em over for GI Joe, Star wars and a host of others. This is the only one I have currently.

Micronauts figure

I got him just a few months ago for display thinkin I should have one.

Micronauts figure

Cool looking but has a green arm for some reason.....

Micronauts figure

I'm thinkin he's a Time Traveler but I'm not well versed in these guys.

Micronauts figure

I remember wanting these guys and thinking they were cool but never got many. The Time Traveler, a red one, broke and ended up in the trash. The Acroyear I got at a flea market. The figure went to the side but that Knife was pretty cool!! I used that alot!

Well....if anyone reading this can give some input into this guy I'd appreciate it! I got him on display but don't know much about em.....

11 comments:

  1. I think you are right about him being a Time Traveler but Im not sure about the sticker on his chest.I collect the newer Magne power Microman stuff and have been trying to get in to the vintage stuff but just can seem to catch them in my price range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw pictures researching this guy for the post but none "exactly" like this one...maybe hes a mish mosh of parts.....and I got lucky with this guy, he fell through the cracks and I got him cheap.

      Delete
    2. That a good possibility because he has one green arm.I seem to remember a motorcycle or car of some sort that had a sticker like that.I know that a lot of the original micromans had stickers on their chests but I dont remember any of the Micronauts having them but they made so many variations its hard to be sure.

      Delete
  2. It looks to be a repaired Time Traveler, built from a Blue one with the addition of a green arm (the green arm is - I believe - from 1-Hour Toys Interchangeables Cosmo-Man figure (basically, when Mego stopped producing Micronauts another company stepped in and released some ''new'' figures.))

    As for the sticker, it's a later addition and looks to be either from a vehicle or a Microman figure (the Japanese line the Micronauts were modeled on.)

    Here's a couple of sites to read:

    http://www.innerspaceonline.com/newhome.htm
    http://www.microforever.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I was hoping that i'd be the Holy Grail Green armed varient or something :) Thanks for the sites....I'm afraid I'll start researching and then I'll be diving in to these guys! Pulled out my Marvel Comics and started re-reading em...

      Delete
  3. I remember having a few of these guys and some of the robots. One of the Time Travellers came with an orange sarcophagus that I think was his time machine...or at least that's how I played with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never had any perspective on em til now. I'm reading the marvel comics and doin some research and I can see the appeal. I may have to get into these guys!

      Delete
  4. I used to have a few Micros as a kid and am wanting to hunt down a Time Traveler again sometime in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Time Traveler..future :) Kinda like the protest chant:
      What do we want?!
      We want time travel!
      When do we want it?!
      Its irrelevant!!

      Delete
  5. The only micronauts I had as a kid were biotron and a time traveler. Have the reissued robotman which is the orginal takara biotron. Need a time traveler still.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I look back and see the line they are really fun toys ! I wish I had more as a kid.

      Delete