Thursday, July 5, 2012

Them Dang Duke boys and thier Wrist Racer General Lee!!!

In 1979, Knickerbocker made the awesome Dukes of Hazzard General Lee wind up Wrist Racer Watch!!!

dukes hazzard general lee wrist racer

This is a relic of toys past, what a cool car!!

dukes hazzard general lee wrist racer

For a little wind up it is very detailed !!

dukes hazzard general lee wrist racer

This is the one I had as a child and it still flies!!

dukes hazzard general lee wrist racer

This little gem was actually a wrist watch that had a little ramp that you could slide out, then wind up the car and YEEEHAAAWWW!!!! Fly out on the road!! I wish I still had my wrist watch part, but the General is still tickin!! I remember winding it up and doin wheelies across the kitchen table and it still goes like ever!! Like them Dukes....you cant keep a good ol' toy down!! YEEEHAAAAAWWWW!!!

8 comments:

  1. NICE! I'm proud to say that my original Wrist Racer General Lee still survives as well. Explain the bend in the frame around the windshield though. Mine is bent just the same but only on one side. Did we both smash these as kids or something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can almost guarantee it was either my Father or my Brothers stepping on it as it zoomed acoss the Kitchen....it was a small house and spastic little kids didnt get much respect :)

      Delete
  2. I used to have one of these a long long time ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didnt realize that there were so many until now... its a really cool toy!

      Delete
  3. There is also a Rosco's Patrol Car version. They made smaller ones called finger racers as well. I have pic of them on dukescollector.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome I had no idea that there were many other ersions! Thanks!

      Delete
  4. I still have one complete with car, band, ramp, and cover. New condition but withbout box. Works perfectly and like I said new condition plastic cover is clear without any scratches, and decals are perfect. I would sell for the right offer. Leave a post, I will check back and we can make arrangments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks but since this post I got a wrist band for the General :)

      Delete