Thursday, July 12, 2012

THE DEATH STAR IS ORBITING SATURN !!!!!

I know what you are thinking.....



The Death Star is in fact orbiting Saturn....but it is called MIMAS. This is one of Saturn's moons and, as you can see, it bears a striking resemblance to a certain Imperial Space Station. That massive crater is named Herschel and it is about the size of Australia......

I love this picture. It shows how awesome the cosmos is and how anywhere you look, a toy obsessed, Star Wars fan can find something to relate to :)

UPDATE: CAUSE THEY ASKED FOR IT!!!!

mimas saturn moon death star star wars tie fighter star destroyer

6 comments:

  1. Why do i keep hearing the Imperial March playing in the back ground lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. That and I want to see a TIE fighter fly by.

      Delete
    2. I couldnt put it to music but I got a better picture :)

      Delete
  2. OMG!!!
    I knew about Minas since years ago, but my toy senses aren't as good as yours, Michael. I didn't notice the Death Star (known as "La Estrella de la Muerte" in spanish) until I read this post.
    Now the Solar System got 20% cooler :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. La Estrella de la Muerte sounds alot cooler than Death Star!! Lucas should have named it that!!

      Delete