Monday, October 29, 2012

The Sorcery! Spell Book by Steve Jackson

Remember this ? The Sorcery! Spell Book for use with the Sorcery! role playing game book (Choose your Own Adventure) books!


Of course you do!!! Its the companion book to the Sorcery! choose your own adventure books by Steve Jackson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Published by Penguin books in 1983!!!!
 
You know this book as the Spellbook that made casting spells a three letter word. Kinda like this example.....who didn't think "Yob, Yob, where's my baby, Yob Yob!!!!" Of course you did, you did just now when you read it...........




These are the memories!! I played the HECK out of these books, the Dungeons and Dragons books were a gateway to these. There's a spellbook to go along with it !!! The preface says you need to memorize the spells to play "like a real wizard".....yeah right, I didn't memorize any of it, I bought the book, I just used it. There are some rules associated with using the spellbook with the Sorcery! books but I wont get into em. Its not a big deal. What is? The fact that there was a time when a ten year old boy could walk into Waldenbooks, buy a spellbook and go on his merry way.
 
.......and it only cost $2.95.

7 comments:

  1. Never saw that before. I was only in CYOA with the first 12 books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be posting some choose your own adventures soon too! These books are so great!!

      Delete
  2. The Sorcery! series was one of my favorite of the CYOA style gamebooks. It was cool that the story went on for four books. My favorite will always be Lone Wolf series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the lone wolf books but never got em. Sorcery! was cool cause you could play magic or non and your right, having four books let the adventure go on for awhile so you get kinda invested in it like D&D

      Delete
  3. Super cool. I love anything CYOA-related and would love to get my hands on this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd like this series of books. If you have the chance to get the first one, get it, you wont be disappointed. You can play without the magic too so you can go through it then go through using magic....Its pretty cool!!

      Delete
  4. how do u buy it

    ReplyDelete