Monday, October 1, 2012

Toht made Trench Coats fashionable in Raiders of the Lost Ark !

YEP.....there it is. Toht. Raiders of the Lost Ark. Trenchcoats.
 

First off, this is a nice figure. Well made, detailed and check out the card art!




The backer selling the ROTLA wares of the year....




and that little gun.......


That gun......My Dad warned me not to open it until we got home. Of course I didn't listen and it fell into the backseat cracks of a 70 something station wagon.......truth be told, I'd still open it.
 
But not this one! Now, you might think a dude dressed like he's going to the office was pretty boring for a kid but I put this guy to alot use! I only had Toht, Indy and the Cairo Swordsman so there wasn't much Lost Ark play but Toht was drafted into Cobra petty early. He worked really well as a spy and the Trech Coat got alot of use. He could always double as a informant or a person of interest.
 
Not bad for a guy whose name wasn't even mentioned in the movie.
(Pronounced Tod; German word for Death) - Thanks IMDb!
 
....and the actor, Ronald Lacy, had to wear that leather Trench Coat in the heat of Tunisia. Now thats a dedication to Fashion!

13 comments:

  1. Not only that but Lacey had quit acting and had been just an acting coach. Spielberg got him out of retirement for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats awesome!! I hope he got to keep the coat!! and the hanger....

      Delete
  2. Wow man, that things looks like it just came off the store peg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was lucky to get him cheap and moc....the figure is cool but having the card brings something with it.

      Delete
  3. Nice! I loved this figure as a kid, an got a replacement one from the legendary Colin from Super-Duper Toy Box a while back! This has to be the only action figure in the history of toys that throws a "seig heil". That would never fly these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I never thought about that. You are right, that would never happen now, I wonder if toht is the only one...

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. It's almost perfect and it was cheap as chips :)

      Delete
  6. This figure alone would be the impetus for me to start yet another figure franchise...such a cool series

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This whole line is done well and I never had any of the playsets but when I had a chance to see em they impressed me.

      Delete
  7. Love this figure! He even has the burn of the medallion on his heil hand, and that removable coat? brilliant! cool blog man

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you are too kind.....and YES!!! how did I forget to mention that!! The burn of the medallion is such a great feature. Probably having him behind the bubble made me overlook that, THANKS !!!

      Delete