Monday, June 4, 2012

Top 10 Movie List time for the League of Extraordinary Bloggers !!!

This weeks assignment for the League of Extraordinary Bloggers:

What are your Top Ten Movies?

I'll make the paradigm simple, 10 movies I liked as a kid and what I think of them now !! In no particular order......

READY!!

10. LONE WOLF MCQUADE


Its Chuck Norris and I'll be careful what I write cause the his name might jump off my screen and BAM !! out like a light..... anyhow....as a kid I loved this movie, violence, cool Texas Ranger and more violence!!

Now....what can I say ....ITS STILL ROCKS!! Not perfect... but I've learned to let go of some reality with this movie and just enjoy Chuck Norris kickin ass!!

9. THE LORDS OF FLATBUSH


This movie is the reason I wore my collar up on my leather jacket as a young punk!!
Now....I still love this movie. Great actors, great story.....even with a lot of flaws. For me its still a very enjoyable cult classic !!

8. NIGHTHAWKS


Rutger Hauer's Wolfgar inspired my Cobra Commanders world domination plans!!
Now..... OMG THIS MOVIE RULES !! STALLONE, RUTGER HAUER, BILLY DEE WILLIAMS!!!! CMON !!!!!

7. UNCOMMON VALOR


Inspired many of my GIJOE's personalities.....
Now......not so good. Comes off as corny and very unrealistic. Time has passed this movie by for me.

6. THE TOY


Yes I know what you are thinking but we had HBO very early and I learned quick how to run cable to my room!!
Now......A CLASSIC!! SO many one liners !!

5. SPACEBALLS


Once again.....HBO!!!
SOOOOO FUNNY!! STILL QUOTE THIS MOVIE !!!

4. THE HOBBIT


Honestly as a kid....seen it but wasn't a big fan. Too slow, not as violent as I wanted.
Now.......I have really grown to appreciate this movie. Over 30 years I have read this book countless times and I have grown to love this animated movie. Needless to say I cannot WAIT for THE HOBBIT to come out!!

3. STAR TREK II THE WRATH OF KHAN


Watched it as a kid liked it...... but Trek was a bit slow and not exciting.
Now....its like wine that has aged and now the nectar of the Gods for me to drink!! All I have to say is "He put... creatures... in our bodies... to control our minds."

What did you think I was gonna write ??

2. A CHRISTMAS STORY


Liked it as a kid but......
Now.......its EVEN FUNNIER !! Whats not to like ! Christmas in my home wouldn't be the same without this movie !!

OK....you've been waiting for this.....

1. STAR WARS


NO ! WAIT A MINUTE!!
NO EPISODE IV A NEW HOPE ON THE CRAWL!!
HAN SHOOTS FIRST!!
THE ORIGINAL 1977 RELEASE AS IT WAS INTENDED TO BE WATCHED!!
ALWAYS A CLASSIC.




Click over to coolandcollected for more form the League !! CLICK THE LINKS !!!! NOW !!!

Here's a random 10 list of this weeks lists:
1. Flashlights are something to Eat
2. Erik Johnson illustrator
3. shezcrafti
4. greenplasticsquirtgun
5. that-figures
6. michaelmay
7. cavalcade of awesome
8. underscoopfire
9. the man who stares at toys
10. whatever I think of

12 comments:

  1. Wow you had me going for a minute there. I got all the way to #7 and thought "could this be a Top 10 where I've never seen any of the movies?" Nope, everything from #6 on up I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the reasons I'm looking forward to reading everyone else's posts is I want to see some movies I dont know so I can check em out!!

      Delete
  2. Great choices. The Toy is a classic, as is Spaceballs. And Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without A Christmas Story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If TBS stops running the 24 hours of Chistmas Story I'll have to run the DVD for 24 hours! Its a tradition now!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm OLD!! Movies from my childhood are by default classics :)

      Delete
  4. It may be heresy to say this but SPACE BALLS is the only movie I ever walked out on in the theatre. I hated it that much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see that. If you dont like that dry kinda humor you wouldnt like it !

      Delete
  5. Awesome list. Star Wars is on my list as well. Loved the Toy and Spaceballs as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tough to cut this list down to ten but when I thought about The Toy I had to out it there, my brothers and I still quote it !

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks! This was a fun one to think about :)

      Delete